Overview: Perhaps the single most powerful nutritional aid for training and competition is fluid intake. Dehydration limits performance, inhibits recovery, and contributes to muscle soreness. The typical thirst response is not powerful enough to keep pace with fluid loss during exercise. Therefore, the best sports drink is one that increases thirst! So, don’t quench your thirst, enhance it. Mike's Mix Sports Drink provides sustained energy for your workout and replenishes electrolytes lost through sweat. Additonally, our sports drink is all-natural and GMO free.
Flavor: Lemon Aid has a distinct lemon flavor that isn't overpowering and offers a delicious combination of sweet and salty that will keep you drinking your entire workout all without artificial sweeteners or flavoring.
Mixing Instructions: An optimally functioning sports drink will contain between 3% to 7% carbohydrate. This concentration provides maximal energy without reducing absorption rate and limits gastric distress.
-7% solution - maximum flavor. Mix 1 level scoop of Sports Drink in 500 ml (approximately 17 fl oz or .5 quarts, or 2 cups) of water. If you are mixing in a quart or liter bottle, mix two level scoops. Many squeeze bottle bicycle style water bottles come in the 24 oz variety and would take 1.5 scoops. Shake to combine.
-3.5% solution - produces a milder flavor, but is optimal for those that are prone to gastric distress. Mix 1 level scoop of Sports Drink in 1 liter (approximately 34 fl oz or 1 quart) of water. Shake to combine.
Each container has 52 servings (1 scoop = 35 grams)
A great, clean, not overly sweet drink mix Review by Tim R.
I switched over to Mike's Mix sport drink from Clif hydration mix. I've tried scratch, hammer, and many others over the years. I race mountain bikes and for endurance events finding that combo of drinkable mix that doesn't make your stomach turn can be hard to come by for a lot of athletes.
Mike's Mix Sport Drink is just the right amount of sweetness (to me) without tasting over concentrated. A great product! (Posted on 3/18/15)
Simple, Affordable and Functional Review by Fudd
What more could you ask for than a hydration product that keeps you drinking, and is made from a short list of ingredients you can pronounce? This stuff tastes great, and does exactly what it says it will do without leaving your mouth a sticky mess. (Posted on 2/22/15)
Best Bang for your Buck! Review by John O
Whether I'm doing a 60 min cyclocross race, or an 8 hour 100 mile mountain bike race, I have not found a sports drink that has been as effective as Mike's Mix Sports Drink! Simple ingredients that make sense. Its easy on my stomach, and taste great even after several hours in the saddle!
Best of all, its easy on your wallet! (Posted on 2/16/15)
The best sports drink for me! Review by avianodan
I run, I bike, I race... a lot. Mike's Mix Sport Drink has the right balance of sweetness and electrolytes for all my endeavors. I carry at least one bottle on every hour-plus run, every ride, and during all triathlons. My training partners who have tried it usually end up placing orders. It mixes well and doesn't leave a sticky taste in my mouth. Try it, you'll like it! (Posted on 10/20/14)
Write Your Own Review
Amount per serving:
|Serving Size:||1 scoop (35 grams)|
|Servings Per Container:||
|Total fat:||0 grams|
|Total Carb:||33 grams|
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
**Not a significant source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C or Iron.
Ingredients: Sucrose, Dextrose, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Natural Lemon Flavoring, Stevia
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Over the past 50 years, an extraordinary amount of research has focused on sports nutrition. Unfortunately, “common knowledge” can be heavily influenced by supplement marketing that is often unsupported or even contradictory to the research. At Mike’s Mix, our goal is to bridge that gap between common knowledge and research. All functional ingredients have studies to support their safety and effectiveness. The following are links directly to the peer reviewed research used to formulate this product. If there is research to support omission of an ingredient that our competition may use, we have also included those links.
1. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and fluid replacement.
2. A scientific nutrition strategy improves time trial performance by ≈6% when compared with a self-chosen nutrition strategy in trained cyclists: a randomized cross-over study.
3. Role of carbohydrate in physical activity.
4. Assessing a commercially available sports drink on exogenous carbohydrate oxidation, fluid delivery and sustained exercise performance.
5. The ingestion of protein with a maltodextrin and fructose beverage on substrate utilisation and exercise performance.
6. Effect of graded fructose coingestion with maltodextrin on exogenous 14C-fructose and 13C-glucose oxidation efficiency and high-intensity cycling performance.
7. Fructose-maltodextrin ratio in a carbohydrate-electrolyte solution differentially affects exogenous carbohydrate oxidation rate, gut comfort, and performance.
8. Composite versus single transportable carbohydrate solution enhances race and laboratory cycling performance.
9. Sugar and exercise: its importance in athletes.
10. Intestinal fluid absorption during exercise: role of sport drink osmolality and [Na+].
11. Effects of acute carbohydrate supplementation on endurance performance: a meta-analysis.
12. Effect of beverage osmolality on intestinal fluid absorption during exercise.
13. Effect of dilute CHO beverages on performance in cool and warm environments.
14. Cold drink ingestion improves exercise endurance capacity in the heat.
Important!! Please make sure your shipping address is correct in Paypal. If an incorrect address is provided, we cannot reship without charging additional shipping fees.
Carrier: We ship all orders via USPS using flat rate, parcel post and priority mail options. We have used other shipping services in the past and found USPS to be superior in cost, reliability and promptness.
Customer Service: At Mike's Mix we put great emphasis on customer service, so we treat you like we would want to be treated when ordering online. How is that? First, we ship your order within 24 hours of placement (except Sunday, USPS needs a day of rest). Second, we keep in communication along the way, by providing confirmation, shipping notice and tracking information. Third, even if your order gets lost, stolen, or spontaneously combusts, Mike's Mix has got your back. We will do what it takes to get you your order.